Saturday, December 8, 2007

Yay! Grandma's here!!

Katherine's mother has come up to stay with us for a week. In her words, "I have no agenda, I'm here to do whatever." Well, that "whatever" means helping me to take care of Katherine, running errands with Katherine (doctor's say she's not supposed to drive), potentially tending to baby for a shift in the middle of the night, and (of course) getting to know her granddaughter. We're super excited that she's here.

Lyla is the third granddaughter for Katherine's parents (if you haven't heard me talk about Emily and Allison then we probably haven't ever spoken; in which case, why are you reading my blog?). She's the first grandchild on my side. Anyway, both of our families are really exciting and Katherine and I both are really touched at their outpouring of love and can't wait for them to all meet Lyla.

Here's a picture of Lyla meeting her grandmother. Notice her giving the "Call me." sign. She's telling her grandfathers to call her because she has something important to tell them (i.e. "I love you!")