Saturday, February 16, 2008

Babies Are Full of...Surprises

So just when we think that Lyla is getting on some sort of "schedule" or "routine" she changes it all up. She was on a sort of four hour schedule -- eating, then awake for about an hour, then sleeping for 2.5 to 3 hours. She would sleep for a little longer during the night, and skipped the awake period. Until...Valentine's Day. She was fine during the day, but we put her to bed around 10:30, and she was awake at 11:30. And 12. And 12:30. And 1:15. And 1:30. And 2:30. And 3:30. And several times after that, but I couldn't read the clock anymore. Needless to say, she and I had a very quiet Friday around the house, and she took a couple of good naps. Unfortunately, I was too paranoid about her waking up to be able to sleep.

She started last night the same way, but after a 1 am feeding she slept until 4. Hurray!!! After feeding her then, I realized I felt like a million bucks. Three hours of uninterrupted sleep! That was awesome. I could have stayed up the rest of the night! I was cracking jokes to Kevin (which I don't think he appreciated) before we fell back asleep. Good times.

And then Lyla woke up again at 7:30, so we got up and came downstairs. I turned on the TV, but discovered there is NOTHING on on Saturday mornings. Thankfully she fell back asleep within an hour, so I made myself a bed on the couch and went back to sleep. She's been pretty much back on schedule today. We'll see what the night holds.

Oh, also, in the past 11 weeks I've magically transformed into someone who gets really excited about burps and poop and catches someone else's sneezes in their hand.