Thursday, January 24, 2008

Cousins 2: This time it's personal!! (I don't know what that means)

So the past couple weeks have been busy with visitors and I completely forgot to share this picture we took two weeks ago. Katherine and I were talking on the phone with David and Faith (Lyla's Aunt and Uncle) and in the background Allison and Lyla were trying to talk to each other. I (being rather childish and sometimes doing things for humor's sake at the expense of societal graces) thought it would be funny to take a picture of Lyla holding the phone and pretend like she's actually talking to Allison. For some reason, whenever I do something like this (use Lyla as a prop), Lyla (being awesome) strikes a perfect pose right as I snap a picture, even though she really isn't doing (or enjoying) what I'm trying to get her to do (for another example is the Happy Birthday, Uncle Jeff!!!! post where Lyla was crying and squirming to get away from my finger mustache. The pictures look like she's playing along.).

Here's what Lyla ignoring my efforts to manipulate her.