Friday, November 30, 2007

Good Morning from Grand Rapids

Here is our house as it appeared when we moved in at the beginning of August.





















And here is what it looked like when I walked outside this morning. I'm guessing this doesn't bode well for a balmy winter.












I was on my way to the dr.'s office when we took this. I had a Non-Stress Test, where they monitor the baby's heartbeat for 20-25 minutes to make sure she shows normal activity. She aced that, although mostly because she spent the last ten minutes kicking the sensor they had placed on my belly.

Then we went downstairs for an ultrasound where they checked out my levels of amniotic fluid. The tech was very relaxed about the whole thing from the moment I sat down, so we spent a few minutes just looking at the baby, checking for organs and what not. That also went well -- we are definitely having a girl! It was very interesting to see how much more baby there is inside of me right now! It was hard to make anything specific out in the pictures until the tech outlined it for us. Kevin seemed to have an easier time telling what was what, but I was looking at it sideways. My amniotic fluid levels were fine, so they're going to let me go a few more days. I have another Non-Stress Test scheduled for Tuesday afternoon, and will have my normal weekly check-up after that. If she has not arrived by that point, we'll schedule an induction for later in the week.

At this point I think it would be almost a surprise if I do go into labor naturally. It feels like we've been waiting for her to get here for so long! It's really nice to know that one way or another, she'll be here within the week.