Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Thank you and an update.

Wanted to thank all of you who have been praying for my dad's health. Quick update, he visited with his oncologist yesterday and found out that none of the cancerous spots in his lungs had grown at all. In addition, the spot in his chest lymph-node (which had alerted him to the cancer in the first place by swelling) is now completely gone. So things are going well. Please continue to remember Mike/Dad/Grandpa Ring in your prayers!

The tradition in the Ring family is to call the paternal grandfather "Grandpa Ring." I did it. My dad did it. I think his dad did it. Anyway, there is a long and distinguished line of Grandpa Rings and my dad fits the mold quite nicely. Something tells me though, if Lyla ends up calling him something other than Grandpa Ring, he'll like that just as well.

Here's a video of Lyla dancing a celebratory jig (and otherwise ignoring my efforts to rile her up) after hearing of Grandpa Ring's good news.