Tuesday, August 19, 2008

3.25

Katherine and I went to the funeral of a man from our church earlier this summer and I was touched by a story our pastor told which I'll paraphrase here. A man and his four children were on the way to the funeral of their wife/mother and a large truck blew threw a stop sign almost slamming into the side of their van. After the family had settled down, the father asked the young children would they rather be hit by the truck or by the shadow of the truck? The children replied "the shadow." To which the man said, "Because of Christ's victory over death, death for us is like passing through the shadow of that truck."

Anyway, we both miss Doctor Jones a lot. I keep thinking that things I see out of the corner of my eye are him. They're not. We're doing alright with it, plenty of good things are going on in our life and we have many many things to be joyful about. If you don't believe me, take a look at these pictures of our recent trip to Sandy Pines with our friends the McDowells and the Schalks... yes, this was Lyla's first boat ride.